PLACES TO VISIT FOR THE DAY
Click on place name for more information
Tourist Information Office is located on Bridge Street, there is a bureau de change, booking office for Caledonian MacBrayne ferries, gift shop, and Internet access on 2 PC terminalsInverness has an excellent Museum and Art gallery between the castle and the tourist office. Open 9am-5pm, Monday-Saturday all year. Includes gift shop and coffee shop.
Inverness Public Library is situated near the bus station. The Highlands and Islands Archivist Robert Steward and Genealogist Alistair MacLeod may be able to help you with historical or ancestry research but it is advisable to contact them in advance of your arrival - phone
If you are thinking of moving to Inverness or the Highland Region - visit the living/working in Scotland web page which provides links for finding jobs, houses, etc.
|Eden Court Theatre, situated near the cathedral, is the venue for shows, music and cinema. Originally built in the 1970s, the building incorporates part of the old Bishop's Palace. internet|
Sport and Outdoor Activities
There are plenty of opportunities for sports and outdoor activities in Inverness and the Highlands
- Inverness has 3 golf courses (Inverness Golf Club, Loch Ness Golf Course & Torvean Golf Club.
- Soccer fans might be interested in the local team: Inverness Caledonian Thistle Football Club (otherwise known as Caley Thistle).
- Inverness Ice Centre, Bught, Inverness, IV3 5SR,Telephone: 01463 235711 Fax: 01463 714442
- Inverness Leisure centre (swimming pool, gym, climbing wall, etc.)
- Footpaths and walks (Highland council leaflets). Highland Council Countryside Rangers run many guided walks and events throughout the year.